Discover the Ayurvedic Secret to total bliss.
A 5,000 year old healing system of ancient eastern form of traditional medicine, Ayurveda. What sets ayurveda apart from modern day medicine is that its healing approach revolves around doshas - the life forces, or forms of energy that make up your body. The ancient system of Ayurveda believe that there are three types of doshas - Vata, Pitta, and Kapha - and each is linked to one of the basic elements: air, fire and earth. The thinking is that we each have our own unique combination of all three doshas, and that when this combination becomes unbalanced by factors such as age, chemicals, diet, germs or unhealthy lifestyle habits, we end up feeling tired, blue, stressed and irritable. By zeroing in on certain personality traits you can determine which of your doshas is out of balance.
- What are your sleeping patterns like when sadness strikes?
- I often have trouble falling asleep
- When I wake up, I often feel like I need more sleep.
- I often feel sluggish and need naps during the day.
- What is your first response to feeling emotionally hurt?
- I cry.
- I respond with sarcasm and biting remarks.
- I tend to keep my feelings to myself.
- When you look back on your life's patterns, what do you notice?
- A lack of stability, like changing jobs often.
- A pattern of overdoing it and approaching life with extreme energy.
- Difficulty getting motivated.
- When you've tried to make positive changes, what has stopped you?
- I've felt overwhelmed.
- I've felt like others were thwarting my ability to move forward.
- I've felt powerless to change.
- What is your relationship with food like when you're feeling blue?
- I lose interest in food.
- My interest in food is unchanged.
- I crave comfort foods.
- How would you describe yourself when things are going well?
- I tend to be enthusiastic.
- I tend to be dynamic and intense.
- I tend to be laid back.
Mostly A's Your Vata (AIR) dosha is unbalanced.
Mostly B's Your Pitta (FIRE) dosha is unbalanced.
Mostly C's Your Kapha (EARTH) dosha is unbalanced.